Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Big Bear

Shout out to the Parkers for trail Angeling for me! Food, rest, bed, and a ride. Well, this was much needed. I thrashed my feet the first two weeks and it was time to let them fully recover. Luckily I live on the west coast and there are friends along the way that are able to help out. I’d imagine some people from out east or further away might just call it and fly home. But not me. Feet are lookin greaaaatish and most importantly mother bear sent my “apple bottom jeaaans, booooots with the fuuur” (just my hiking boots). Feeling waaay more confident in foot sustainability in my boots. Shouldn’t have to come off trail again for health maintenance hopefully. Plus I’m now over supplied in the Foot care department. Mister Krister Blister care.  As great as that time-out was and very much needed, could of quite possibly been the hardest part for me so far. All the people hiking on and passing through, not logging miles, still not feeling like I’ve earned that big break, gaining weight vs.losing it (if I end this endeavor bigger than I started I’m gonna punchasize everyone in the face!) etc. couldn’t of been more antcy to get back out here in other words. 

I was able to day hike with my sister for three days and it’s good to be outside getting some fresh air with some fam. I think/hope it was a  reminder to bounce outta the city every once in awhile for a little slower pace, less people, fun exercise. 

Hitting that unexpected stop has definitely got me new new game planning! Now into sectional planning. Skip some sections of heat, slow down in the sections of beauty I want to be in longer.....who the hell knows. 

I got ferried up the road a bit to rejoin a couple fools. Feet back in the dirt finally! Leeez do thisss! 

No comments:

Post a Comment