Thursday, May 24, 2018

Killa Beez Gonna Swarm

Day 1 and 2

Pretty surreal to get dropped off in the middle of nowhere on the Mexican border. It’s great to finally be movin along. Day one was packed with entertainment. First I got a bit of a late start. I decided that last sleep in bed was more important and I’m always down to hang out a little later when I’m with good friends. Thanks JB for the hospitality. Got an even later start cause my Uber driver got pulled over on the border about two miles from the start. Took ‘em a good chunck of time to believe a young 28 year old black man was driving a 34 year old white dude with half his head shaved in a ‘90’s beat up Mercedes. Finallly I had to get my wallet out of my bag in the trunk and they let us move on. 

On z trail! All went pretty well. Mile five had a hip flexor give me a little trouble. Tried to do it again around mile 10. Was able to stretch it out. One could say I was a little dehydrated...drinking wine into the night and pounding coffee in the morning has nothing to do with water. I was planning on only going ten since I left so late but I was still having fun and kept movin on.

Mile eleven was a hooot!! Johnny Boy-you totally jinxed me by saying I was guaranteed to trip. Beez got all up in my hat and gave me a couple love taps. Made me run like a wild child flingin my hat around and low and behold I hit the deck. Got a good chuckle out of it. Nothing like sweating all day and rolling through all the dirt. No longer beautiful. Oh well. Got to mile 15 and posted up. Dehydrated legs were very uncomfortable and that damn night bird made for a terrible second nights sleep. (First was due to over anticipation). 

Day numero dos I woke up later then I wanted. Set it for the wrong AM/PM. Two nights bad sleep and legs still a touch tired I made the awesome decision to not move on once I got to Morena Lake. Loading up on water and doing a little swimming. This first 10 days are gonna go a little slower than planned but that’s okaaay maaan. I’ll turn into a beast soon enough once I get a nice elephant tight ass #oldinstaname. Lookin to start the routine I’m actually wanting to do as far as hiking schedule tomorrow. 

Up up that mountain tomorrow. Switch switch switch back. Most all my photos are on my camera sooooo I’ve got these two.


No comments:

Post a Comment